Users mostly encounter QuickBooks update error 12045 when they try to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version. However, the most common reasons for error code 12045 are incorrect internet connection settings, time settings, etc. However, this error will appear on your screen with the message “Unable to download update: Error 12045”. Errors occur for many reasons. If you want advanced features in your QuickBooks desktop then you must use QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus.
What is QuickBooks update error 12045?
This error mainly occurs at the time of system updates. Furthermore, this error is very common among QB users. Even so, most of the causes of QuickBooks error code 12045 are incorrect time settings, incorrect internet connection settings, etc. However, this error is also known as a desktop update error.
No doubt, in this blog post, we will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve QuickBooks error code 12045. So, we will discuss the causes and solutions to take to completely resolve the error. Therefore, let’s first see a brief summary of what QB error 12045 actually is.
Reason Why does QuickBooks error 12045 occur?
There can be several causes for QuickBooks error 12045 which are mentioned below.
- Multiple QB Desktop instances in your software.
- Folder permissions are wrong in the QuickBooks installation folder.
- The archived configuration file has been damaged or corrupted.
- Windows User Account Control (UAC) has been disabled.
- Your antivirus software is blocking QuickBooks from accessing the Internet.
- The QuickBooks company file is not working because of damaged or corrupted.
- Server connection problem. The updated company file is corrupted.
- Internet connection settings are configured incorrectly.
- The date and time settings are incorrect.
- There is something wrong with your internet it’s not working.
Various Methods to fix QuickBooks update error 12045
QuickBooks error 12045 can be fixed through various troubleshooting steps. To fix the error, we are here with the solution to use when you encounter errors in your software. However, you just need to follow the steps mentioned below:
Method 1: Check the system update and time
The update process may be interrupted due to incorrect date and time. To check system updates and time on your computer, you can follow these steps.
- Go to your system clock, right-click, and adjust the date/time.
- Select Change date and time and mention the exact date and time.
- Click OK twice. Then close the QuickBooks screen and reopen it.
- Rerun QuickBooks Desktop Update.
Method 2: Verify the internet connection setting
You need to follow the steps below to eliminate the error you are encountering while using the accounting software.
- Start by clicking the “Start” button, then go to “Control Panel” and open “Network and Sharing Center.”
- Then, click “Change adapter settings”.
- Then check that there is no red X displayed on the network icon located in the notification area of the taskbar. If so, right-click on the icon and select “Diagnostics”. The Network Connection Repair Wizard will automatically begin resolving any problems with your network connection.
- Then, again go back to the Network and Sharing Center and tab on “Internet Options.”
- In the Connections tab, click “LAN Settings” and verify that the options “Automatically detect settings” and “Use a proxy server for your local network” are unchecked. If so, deselect them and click “OK”.
- Exit all open windows and restart QuickBooks to check if the error persists.
Method 3: Delete all the other installations of QuickBooks desktop
If you have installed the same version of QB twice on your system, the cause may be a bug in the update. So we need to remove many settings. You will do it by following given steps:
- First Go to Control Panel in your system, then tab on Programs and Features.
- Find all QuickBooks settings and select them one by one.
- Click the Uninstall/Change option to remove the entire QuickBooks installation from your system. Follow the on-screen instructions to successfully uninstall QuickBooks from your system.
- Once you have uninstalled all QuickBooks-related files, reboot your system and reinstall QuickBooks.
- Try updating QuickBooks again and check if the error persists.
Method 4: remove multiple versions of the QuickBooks program
If you have multiple versions of QuickBooks in one system, it may be a reason for the error 12045. Thus it suggested uninstalling them all from your system. You can uninstall them by following below lines one by one:
- You have to start by opening the control panel
- Follow along by going to Programs and Features
- Also, check for duplicate or multiple versions of the QuickBooks program installed on the system.
- You must then click on any of the identified versions and also click on the Uninstall and Change tab
- Once done, click on the uninstall tab
- Once the version is deleted, reopen QuickBooks and try updating the software to the latest version.
Errors need to be fixed before they cause any trouble, and the same applies in the case of QuickBooks. So, if you encounter QuickBooks error code 12045, make sure to perform any of the procedures discussed above and try to eliminate the problem from its root cause. We hope this article has been valuable to you and your doubts would have been clear with this error 12045.
Read more pages